Terms & Conditions
We are happy to accept this assignment on the following terms and conditions:
- The BER assessment will be carried out in accordance with the Code of Conduct for BER assessors. In particular, it will be carried out in an independent manner by Dermot Gormanly based on the drawings, and other data supplied by you and any other investigations required. On the basis of this information, We will complete a BER assessment of the building(s) and submit it to Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) for publication.
- All information and documentation that you supply to me in connection with this application ether requested by me or otherwise) will become the property of SEAI. We have an obligation to you to protect the confidentiality of this information and will not disclose it without your agreement to do so unless required to do so by law. If we are required by law to release any such information we shall notify you promptly if possible.
- We and SEAI shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of the Building Energy Rating assessment or result. The methodology used for the BER assessment incorporates standard occupancy assumptions and a range of technical judgements on the energy efficiency of various building components and attributes. A BER may change over time due to many factors including deterioration or modification to the fabric of the building, or its elements. As a result, an energy rating is only a guide to the overall energy efficiency of a building. In practice, energy efficiency is highly dependent on how occupants use the building.
- Gormanly Building Energy Rating has an ongoing responsibility to ensure the accuracy of BER certificate(s) issued based upon our assessment. For that purpose, it may be necessary for us/or Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) or its agents to visit the building to check that it complies with the drawings upon which the BER Certificate has been based. You and/or the owner(s) or subsequent owners of the building(s) may be requested to allow us or the employees of SEAI or its agents to visit the building(s) for this purpose. If you decide not to facilitate such a request, SEAI may decide to revoke the relevant BER Certificate.
- Safe access to all room of the property is required including attic and boiler house.
- Call out fee will be applied if access is not possible at the agreed time of survey.
- All fees must be paid in advance of survey.
- If we do not complete the survey on the agreed time a refund can be requested and this will be paid within 3 working days.
- We cannot complete a survey if minors in the property are not supervised by an adult.